This job will allow you to learn lots of aspects around glazing and fitting, giving you fantastic experience picking up skills to get into a rewarding trade.
You will learn how to construct double glazed units.
- This will include identifying and cutting different types of glass.
- Assembling the different components used in the manufacture of double glazed units.
- Applying strip lead to glass to create a decorative feature.
- You will be serving customers and helping them to collect and load up their orders.
What is a Glazier?
A Glazier is a skilled tradesman (part of Fenestration) responsible for cutting, installing, and removing glass. Glaziers may work with glass in various surfaces and settings, such as windows, doors, shower doors, skylights, storefronts, display cases, mirrors, facades, interior walls, ceilings, and tabletops.
About Your Employer:
Modernglass are a Glassworks firm in Sneyd Green are a small family run business established in 1947.
- Willingness to learn
- Be able to work in a team and individually
- Quick learner
- Be able to carry out instructions
- Good organisation
- Well mannered
- Show exceptional customer service
- Positively reflect the companies brand
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You will be expected to measure and cut glass so you will need to have a basic knowledge of Maths and measuring for this role. You will also need to be able to estimate the most economical ways to cut glass to minimise wastage.
5 GCSE’s 9-4 (A-C) preferred
Apprenticeship in Fenestration Installation Level 2
Wages and roles increase with skill sets and knowledge.