Engineering is a great career path, often well paid, you will be expected to design and build! Use your creativity to progress within this role and watch your career flourish!
- To assist fully trained gas engineers on day to day activities of annual gas servicing, installing domestic heating systems, boilers, responsive repairs and maintenance
- Use authorised plant and equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised
- Carry out basic trade instructions, read and interpret drawings as required
- To work effectively as part of a team
- To accurately complete documents for all work undertaken
- To complete the Level 3 Gas Engineer Apprenticeship qualification by attending college as necessary, completing coursework and examinations as requested
- Undertake Health and Safety and other training as required
- Undertake minor maintenance and repair works as required
- Work as part of a team and use materials and equipment safely
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure effectiveness and efficiency within the business
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in a safe manner taking into account other people’s health and wellbeing
- Take part in the apprentice review process and complete any training required
- Follow Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment when necessary
- Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role.
Monday to Friday
39 hours per week
What is a Gas Engineer?
Gas Engineers install, service, maintain and repair gas appliances.
About The Employer:
Established in 1994, Phoenix Gas Services is based in Newcastle-under-Lyme near Stoke-on-Trent. They pride themselves on being a well-reputed local family run company, delivering high-quality boiler care and service across Staffordshire and Cheshire
- Good time keeping and ability to work to a schedule
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, general public, external agencies
- Ability to work outdoors and in all weather conditions
- Must be able to attend apprenticeship training days (be able to travel to college/ training provider location)
- Good team player
- Good time management
- High level of self-discipline and motivation
- Must be able to deliver a polite, courteous, professional service to all customers and members of the public
Applying English & Maths In This Role:
Gas Engineering may require Maths skills.
- An understanding of Health & Safety at work in relation to the tasks to be undertaken
- 3-5 GCSE’s at grades 9-4 (A-C) (or equivalent) preferably English, Maths and a Science and/or relevant experience
Apprenticeship in Gas Engineering Level 3 Standard
Engineers create and build, these are such vital skills in the industry and can lead you onto big career prospects! Engineers can be expected to be paid a good wage which often goes up with experience.