As an apprentice gardener/landscaper, you should be a hard worker, show a willingness to learn and be able to pick up new skills quickly. You will be able to follow direction from the team leader and be able to work well with the rest of our team, who all work to a high standard. You will show an eagerness to gain a good knowledge in plant husbandry and landscaping.
Your main job will be garden maintenance but you will also be expected as necessary to work on the Landscaping, Tree surgery and General maintenance. You will be instructed in how to use a range of machinery and hand tools. To that end once training is completed you will be expected to be able to use them competently and safely working under the supervision of, but not necessarily in close proximity to a team leader. You will gain extensive knowledge on how to identify, prune and through good plant husbandry, keep gardens to the highest of standards. This will include not only shrubs and trees but also lawn care and associated tasks such as scarification, aeration and top dressing.
- You will be well presented and respectful to clients and their property.
- Be a hard worker.
- Have an eagerness to learn new skills quickly and efficiently.
- Work well within a team.
- Be able to follow direction from the team leader correctly and
- Enjoy working outside in all weathers.
- Be physically fit.
- Personally motivated.
- Work to a high standard with a keen eye for detail, showing care and thought in all you
- Good communication skills with other members of the team, the public and clients.
- Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards environmental, conservation and efficiency aspects of our business.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Good Work Ethic and a committed attitude to working to the best of your ability
- Proactive approach to seeking knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, driven by own initiative
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work, open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
English and Maths A-C or Functional Skills are preferred
*Please note that all applicants will need to successfully complete a work trial before being signed up on to the apprenticeship programme
Please submit your C.V. and application to kick start your Gardening and Landscaping Career!