A great opportunity for the right person, working in a busy engineering workshop, alongside fully trained well paid tradesmen. You will be learning from their experience and will be instructed in working safely whilst producing high quality products. You will be helping to make products by measuring and cutting mild to shape using power saws and guillotines etc. Helping to assemble products by Tack welding and screwed fasteners. Some small bench work will be completed but also large scale work on much bigger projects will be completed on and off site.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions as described by other team members
- Organisation Skills (Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Understand how to deliver right first time approach
- Good communication skills, verbally and written.
- Able to work as part of a team and alone on tasks, while maintaining the high standards for quality and H&S
- Good time keeper and attendance
- Proactive approach to seeking knowledge and a learning attitude
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work tasks
- Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative when needed
- Commitment to own personal professional development [willingness to learn]
- GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills [or equivalent]; preferred but not essential as training will be given if needed to achieve the next grade level
- CSCS Card…. Not essential, but training can be given if needed to achieve this unit