- We have an exciting opportunity. We are looking for candidates to become an Apprentice in our Bereavement Care Team.
- You will be trained to carry out grave excavations by hand or using mechanical excavator, assist in the Committal Services, back-fill and reinstate graves following burial.
- You will assist in the grounds maintenance service in all city Cemeteries (Eg grass cutting, hedge cutting, weed killing, planting out of graves and turfing of graves etc.) to ensure a high standard of grounds maintenance is achieved.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Good Work Ethic and a committed attitude to working to the best of your ability
- Proactive approach to seeking knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, driven by own initiative
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work, open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
– GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent;Preferred
Level 2 Horticulture
*Please note that all applicants will need to successfully complete a work trial before being signed up on to the apprenticeship programme