The Canal & River Trust is among the UK’s biggest charities, looking after 2,000 miles of canals, rivers docks and reservoirs; together with museums, archives and the country’s third largest collection of protected historic buildings.
The Canal & River Trust wants to create a sustainable and evolving canal and river network that is a national treasure – accessible to and cherished by all. Core to delivering this vision the job holder will be committed to equality and diversity whereby fellow employees, customers, our partners and volunteers feel respected, included and valued.
We are currently looking to recruit a Business Support Administrator Apprentice to join our team at our Red Bull Office (Congleton Road South, Church Lawton, Stoke-on-Trent ST7 3AP) from September 2017 . The successful candidate will deliver excellence in customer service and support for the Canal & River Trust as part of the customer support team at a waterway. Dealing with customers face to face, on the phone, and in written communications, they will address customers enquiries and communications, and provide general administration and financial support to the waterway.
During your apprenticeship you will complete the Level 2 apprenticeship in customer service.
Knowledge, Skills/Qualifications & Experience :
- You will be a part of the front of house team at waterway offices, ensuring that all enquiries are managed in a friendly, helpful, professional and conscientious way.
- Produce accurate and timely communication for our customers through telephone calls, notice boards, post, email, social media and our website.
- Take part in the organisation of events and functions within the waterway, for both internal and external customers.
- Provide administration services for the waterway including managing the post, booking meetings, organisation of occupational health visits and equipment servicing.
- Produce accurate and clearly presented reports that support the needs of the business.
- Maintain accurate and well organised systems of records that are easily retrievable.
- Use SAP to provide financial and administration services to the waterway, to ensure effective ordering of materials and supplies and other financial processes.
Skills/ Experience/ About You:
- Administration knowledge, or experience would be welcome.
- GSCE in Maths and English
- Experience in a customer service area, providing “front of house” services.
- Communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and professionally and liaise with other professionals
- Ability to deal with difficult and potentially confrontational situations
- Confident in the use of the MS Office word processing and spreadsheet software
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when addressing customer enquiries.
- Ability to work well under pressure
What We Offer:
In addition to your Apprenticeship salary progression and other employee benefits, you will have a wonderful opportunity as a Trust Apprentice to develop your communication and customer service skills.
You will be working with a great team to deliver an very important service offering our customers across the waterway a positive experience and a desire to return. Get involved in organising and delivering great, fun events that spread knowledge and understanding of the Canal & River Trust and the great work we do.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £14,486.00 /year
*Please note that all applicants will need to successfully complete a work trial before being signed up on to the apprenticeship programme