A business administration role allows you to explore a range of roles which can be applied to many office-based jobs. It’s a great start to a successful career.
- Answering the phone, dealing with queries and forwarding calls
- Greeting visitors who attend the office
- Dealing with outgoing post, scanning, emailing
- will have good IT skills and be able to use Microsoft Office software and email
- Archive all files in the storage area.
- Attend meetings and assist in taking minutes
- Sorting and distribution of all incoming post
- Maintain filing system
- Assist with arranging interviews.
- Prepare correspondence as requested.
- Assist with the booking of customer jobs
- Assist with the accounting system.
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of Business Administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, Business Administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business Administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
About Your Employer:
Operating from Stoke and working throughout the Midlands and North West, Comserv provide a top to bottom Property Maintenance Service for domestic households, housing associations, landlords and businesses alike. They are experts in commercial properties to HMOs and studios.
They run a busy office, which entails dealing with customers, suppliers, employees and subcontractors.
- Ability to access sites across the geographical patch
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision once trained
- Willingness to respond to direction and follow procedures as required
- A commitment to academic and work-based learning
- Reliable and able to complete routine tasks
- Confident communicator and able to deal with problems
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and support colleagues
- Time Conscious
- Hard Working
- Polite and Professional
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You will be dealing with Excel documents, assisting with Timesheets, VAT and accounting system.
Corresponding with contractors, suppliers and customers via email, literacy and grammar is key.
5 GCSE’s 9-4 (A-C) or grades as equivalent
Apprenticeship in business administration Level 2
Business administration can take you through to a wide range of jobs in many areas. Because the job roles you will have are so versatile you can use them to progress through to marketing, sales and more!