Being part of Business Administration can help you pick up the essential skills to progress into an office based role full of progression opportunities!
This job role is to maintain operations by receiving and distributing communications, maintaining supplies and equipment, deal with customer and visitors satisfactorily either by telephone or personally.
- Perform day to day receptionist duties including answering telephone calls, greeting customers and visitors.
- Carry out administration duties such as processing paperwork, maintain information files etc.
- Service customers by answering questions, forwarding messages, confirming customers orders, keeping customers information of order status etc. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Communicate with customers and other members of staff, answer questions, discuss information, take orders and deal with address complaints.
- Be very organised and deal with filing.
- Operative office machinery such as photocopiers, scanners, franking machines, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers and computing systems.
- Open, sort and maintain incoming mail, answer correspondance and prepare mail bills, invoices etc.
- Review files, record and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of Business Administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, Business Administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business Administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
About Your Employer:
Fenton based Potteries Tyres are recognised as one of the leading tyre retailers in the country with expert knowledge of all aspects of tyre retail and fleet management.
- Office experience (scheduling, writing skills, effective organisation etc)
- Good telephone skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Good customer service
- Kind and considerate
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
English will be a key focus in the role but you may come accross Maths if potentially using Excel software.
5 GCSE’s 9-4 (A-C) or grades as equivalent
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
Business Administration can take you through to a wide range of jobs in many areas. Because the job roles you will have are so versatile you can use them to progress through to Marketing, Sales and more!