Working as part of the Administrative Team within the Dove Service (TDS) Head Office, the role includes the undertaking of a broad spectrum of administrative tasks in support of the delivery of our counselling service, alongside providing excellent customer service as the first point of contact in reception and over the telephone.
Detailed Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1. Receive and welcome visitors and clients to the office, ensuring that staff and their guests sign in/ out.
2. Receive incoming telephone calls, providing information and response to general enquiries, directing calls to the most appropriate member of the team, taking messages where
necessary, and ensuring that immediate action is taken on all answerphone messages, when required.
3. Taking payments from customers (cash or electronic) and ensuring secure storage of receipts and funds in line with our internal procedure, for processing by the Finance Officer.
4. Ensure that the reception area, counselling rooms, kitchen and store cupboards are kept clean, tidy, stocked and ready for use at all times.
5. Check daily incoming emails to the general information/ enquiries accounts, providing prompt response and circulating information to relevant staff members.
6. Process all incoming/ outgoing post in line with the Post Procedure.
7. Ensure that stationery supplies are maintained including general office supplies, kitchen/ cleaning products and birthday cards, together with completing purchase orders and
obtaining quotations, where required.
8. Maintain the register of staff/ volunteer birthdays and ensuring that greeting cards are circulated and sent.
9. Ensure standard paperwork is printed and available for use on a day to day basis.
10. Administrate the weekly project diaries, ensuring that they are up to date, printed off and that all External Project Workers are accounted for at the end of their working day
11. Administrate the booking of rooms at the Dudson Centre, or other locations, as required by the team.
12. Provide support to the whole organisation with general admin tasks including data entry, photocopying, printing/ scanning and sending out written/ electronic communications,
13. Provide refreshments for meetings, as requested.
14. Coordinate and take minutes of meetings, as required.
-Ensure adherence to all legislation surrounding services.
-Ensure all H&S and Safeguarding Legislation is complied with at all times.
-The role holder must be adaptable, flexible and willing to take on new challenges as needs are identified, and as they arise, as an absolute essential requirement of the post.
-Organise and execute your work in a planned and efficient manner, with reliability, integrity and self-motivation
-Engage with CPD relevant to your position within this project.
-Adhere to the policies and procedures of TDS
-Act as an Ambassador for TDS and to be professional in all his/her activities for the organisation.
-Carry out any other activities that may be reasonably requested by the CEO, other Managers or Trustees.
Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
• GCSE’s (or equivalent) in English and Maths (Grades A*-C) Essential
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel -Essential
• Ability to operate databases -Preferred
Skills & Abilities – Essential
• Ability to provide administrative support within a busy office environment
• Ability to input data and statistical information for inclusion in reports
• Note-taking skills and writing up of minutes
Personal Qualities – Essential
• Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
• Able to provide empathy and support to service users face to face (meeting and greeting in reception) and over the telephone
• Good ambassador and able to promote TDS aims and objectives
• Professional and positive can-do attitude and conduct
• Flexible working to meet the needs of the administration and management teams
• Open to change and new challenges, adaptable and prepared to explore new ways of working.
• Able to work to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Good team player
• Able to work on own initiative and to use time effectively
Professional – Essential
• Willingness to undertake Personal Continuous Professional Development (CPD)