Overview of the Role
Working as part of the Administrative Team within the Dove Service (TDS) Head Office, the role includes the undertaking of a broad spectrum of administrative tasks in support of the delivery of our training, marketing and fundraising strategy.
Detailed Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1. Receive incoming telephone calls, providing information and response to general enquiries, directing calls to the most appropriate member of the team, taking messages where necessary, and ensuring that immediate action is taken on all answerphone messages, when required.
2. Ensure that the Marketing resources are well stocked, stored appropriately and ready for use at all times.
3. Check daily incoming emails to the Training and Events account, providing prompt response and circulating information to relevant staff members.
4. Ensure training resources and marketing literature is printed and available for use on a day to day basis.
5. Maintain and update all project files, including case studies, testimonials, action plans and milestones to support marketing activities.
6. Organise the return, data input and storage of information from counselling and training evaluation forms and reports, and ensure that future contact details are transferred to the marketing team to support marketing activities.
7. Assist in the promotion and arrangement of all events, train ing, PR and fundraising activities.
8. Administrate the day to day updating of the website and social media activity.
9. Assist in the administration of mailshot campaigns and ensure our central databases are maintained.
10. Undertake the booking of rooms for training and marketing events, as required by the team.
11. Provide refreshments for meetings, as requested.
12. Co-ordinate and take minutes of meetings, as required.
13. Taking payments from customers (cash or electronic) and ensuring secure storage of receipts and funds in line with our internal procedure, for processing by the Finance Officer.
1. Ensure adherence to all legislation surrounding services.
2. Ensure all H&S and Safeguarding Legislation is complied with at all times.
3. The role holder must be adaptable, flexible and willing to take on new challenges as needs are identified, and as they arise, as an absolute essential requirement of the post.
4. Organise and execute your work in a planned and efficient manner, with reliability, integrity and self-motivation.
5. Engage with CPD relevant to your position within this project.
6. Adhere to the policies and procedures of TDS.
7. Act as an Ambassador for TDS and to be professional in all his/ her activities for the organisation.
8. Carry out any other activities that may be reasonably requested by the CEO, other Managers or Trustees.
• GCSE’s (or equivalent) in English and Maths (Grades A*-C) – Essential
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel – Essential
• Ability to operate databases – Preferred
• Ability to update the organisations website and social media – Preferred
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to provide administrative support within a busy office environment
• Ability to engage with a variety of audiences
Personal Qualities – Essential
• Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
• Creative and innovative
• Good ambassador and able to promote TDS aims and objectives
• Professional and positive can-do attitude and conduct
• Flexible working to meet the needs of the administration and management teams
• Open to change and new challenges, adaptable and prepared to explore new ways of working.
• Able to work to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Good team player
• Able to work on own initiative and to use time effectively
• Willingness to undertake Personal Continuous Professional Development (CPD)