This is a great opportunity working with Keele University to progress your career in an office environment. With a high apprenticeship wage, this vacancy is not to be missed!
Applications for this apprenticeship need to be completed through the Keele University website.
- Provide assistance with general administrative tasks to support members of the team and contribute to the smooth operation of the office
- Answer telephone calls and face to face enquiries as appropriate, referring queries to appropriate members of staff
- To book and arrange hospitality refreshments and/or catering as required
- To provide additional reception support for large meetings/study days and to assist in the preparation of flyers to advertise the event, welcome packs, name badges, registration procedures, etc.
- To carry out general routine administrative tasks such as photocopying, filing, confidential audio/copy typing, typing of letters, mailshots and distributing large volumes of incoming and outgoing post.
- To assist when required, in the provision of facilities administration, including logging faults and problems with the building and surrounding areas and reporting of such to the appropriate person/department.
- Assist with record keeping and basic data entry including maintaining an inventory of centre equipment.
- Make simple arrangements such as organising equipment and making bookings for events and meetings, according to standard operating procedures.
Year 1: £5.90 per hour
Year 2: £7.38 per hour
For more information regarding the job role please see the Keele University website.
What is Business Administrator?
Being part of business administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, business administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
About your employer:
Keele University is one of the best Universities in the UK. Keele is ideally situated right by a bustling university town, Newcastle-under-Lyme, and minutes away from the city of Stoke-on-Trent.
- Good written, verbal communication & interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Good standard of numeracy skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and understand basic explanations regarding processes and procedures
- Ability to use own initiative when necessary
- Ability to work well alone and as a team
- Awareness of confidentiality issues
- Courteous telephone manner
- Ability to handle sensitive situations professionally, tactfully and assertively
- Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email for work purposes
- Willingness to undertake formal training and development as part of the Apprenticeship scheme
- A flexible approach to work and study, occasional early starts or late finishes may be needed
- Ability to participate in classroom-based learning with the training provider and/or University staff, and to participate in assessments
- Willingness and ability to meet the travel requirements of the post (placements will be based at Keele campus, Royal Stoke Hospital campus and Hartshill campus)
Other desirable skills are:
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Awareness of Higher Education environment
- Working knowledge of office procedures
- Good customer service
- Kind and considerate
Applying English & Maths to this role:
You will come accross English skills in this role.
5 GCSE’s 9-4 (A-C) or grades as equivalent
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
This role provides a very good starting salary and can lead to an even bigger career path.