Get your career started with a great job in business administration. Building confidence, work management and responding to telephone calls all contribute to a successful office career!
As an administrative apprentice at Phoenix Gas, you will answer incoming calls and make sure they are transferred to the right department. You will also assist with the administration of a wide variety of Central Heating Installation and Servicing Contracts.
- Answer incoming calls
- Book appointments
- Deal with enquiries
- Liaison with customers and clients
- Scanning, filing and general office duties
- Customer service follow up calls
- Extracting information from internal systems, producing summaries and assisting with certain elements of reporting
- Other administration tasks which may arise on an ad hoc basis
- Standard working hours are 08.00am to 16.45pm Monday to Thursday
- 08.00am to 16.30pm on Fridays
Primarily office based in Newcastle-under-Lyme
About Your Employer:
Phoenix Gas Services was established in 1994 and prides itself on being a well reputed local family run company.They provide all Central Heating and Hot Water needs including Renewable Energy alternatives. This includes new Installations and Design, Servicing and Maintenance and System Cleans.
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of business administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, business administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
- Must be friendly, outgoing and calm
- Must have an exceptional and confident telephone manner and attitude towards customers and clients
- Must have a positive and relaxed nature
- Solid computer and organisational skills
- Customer service will always come first to you
- Positive and calm nature
- Friendly and outgoing
- Interest in Customer service
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
Invoicing and working out VAT and adding percentages on to quotes. Using the telephone and helping with Social Media. Completing reports.
5 GCSE’s English and Maths 9-4 (A-C) or Functional Skills as equivalent are preferred
Apprenticeship in business administration Level 2
There are many opportunities to progress within Phoenix for the right candidate.