- Answering phone calls, passing on messages or dealing with queries directly
- Booking hotels for engineers
- Ensuring all subsistence receipts are received and counted
- Emailing test certificates to our customers and then saving onto a server
- Updating forecast sheet with enquiry numbers
- Giving engineers purchase order numbers over the phone
- Getting mileage from engineers for their vehicles
- Ability to work on your own
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of Business Administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, Business Administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business Administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
About Your Employer:
Established in 1989, AKD are commercial, industrial and residential electrical contractors who pride themselves in expertise and experience.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisation Skills (be able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work
- Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You will need to use English skills to be able to write emails and deal with customer enquiries. You may also need Maths skills when dealing with receipts and forecast sheets.
GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent (preferred)
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
You can take experience from Business Administration through to other office based roles. Learning skills such as Microsoft Office and other computer packages will be beneficial in other job roles. A Business Administration role averages at £15,000 per year*
*statistics gathered from payscale.com