Being part of an accounts and admin team, you will be known as a responsible, hardworking individual who is very organised! Accounts can help you progress into a role in finance or sales.
This role is an excellent opportunity for starting a career in accounts, gaining a solid understanding of working accounts practices within a business that provides recurring annual/monthly services as well as adhoc sales of goods and services
Your job role:
You will learn how to manage many aspects within an accounts role, such as:
- Managing accounts payable and account receivable (supplier/customer invoicing)
- Manage customer invoice queries
- Double entry accounts journaling
- Profit and loss
- Bank reconciliation
- Direct debit processes
- Management reports, report analysis and investigation.
The role will also involve general business administration and personal assistant tasks, such as call handing, message taking/call logging, appointment setting and others.
What is an Accounts Assistant?
Account assistants are entry-level finance professionals who handle basic accounting duties. Their tasks typically involve preparing financial records, conducting office administration, and handling cash
About Your Employer:
Luminite IT Services are a growing company that provides technology solutions and services to business in and around the county, from hardware and software, to internet connectivity, cloud services, telecoms and CCTV. Luminite are committed to creating a clean and enjoyable working environment, and are focused on growing a closely knit team.
- Good telephone and written communication skills
- Good Maths & English ability
- Confident computer user
- Must be outgoing, confident and an eager contributor to the team
- Must also be outgoing and confident when communicating with new people (verbally and written).
- Good attention to detail in spotting numerical anomalies.
- Enjoy mathematical problem solving
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
Maths and English abilities will be applied to the management reporting aspect of the role, along with general administration duties
GCSE Maths 9-5 (A*- B) or Functional skills as equivalent
GCSE English 9-4 (A*- C) or Functional skills as equivalent
Account AAT Level 2
There is the possibility of employment at the end of a successful apprenticeship depending upon the growth and requirements of the company at the time the apprenticeship is completed.