XPO Logistics is a global success story and we`d like you to be a part of it, by joining our exciting Apprenticeships scheme.
At XPO Logistics we are committed to attracting and keeping the best talent. We know our people are our future, whether that be management, graduates or indeed, school leavers.
You will have the chance to earn while you learn, working towards a nationally recognised qualification in a Storage and Warehousing Apprenticeship.
XPO Logistics is growing, and we want you to grow with us. We work with some incredible companies (including M&S H&M, ASOS, ASDA, Carlsberg and Weetabix) and have more than 140 sites in the UK. In fact we`re the second largest logistics company in the UK, with more than 14,000 colleagues working with us.
We can offer you career progression and the opportunity to be part of our global success story.
To support our growth and to ensure we have the best talent available, we are offering opportunities to 12 enthusiastic and ambitious individuals.
A bit about the role:
-You will use a variety of warehouse IT systems for operations including receipting of goods, picking, packing, dispatching and shipping
-You will have responsibility for quality and stock management
-You`ll also be given time during your working week to work towards your Storage and Warehousing qualification
-You`ll work in a team towards set targets with support from your peers
A bit about you:
-For us it`s all about attitude – you`ll be determined, eager to learn and looking for a career in logistics; not just a job
-You`ll have an eye on the future, because our commitment to you goes way beyond the 12-month apprenticeship
-You`ll be prepared to work hard in return for the opportunities that XPO will offer you
A career, not just a job: we want you to be our future – commit to us and we`ll commit to you.
Any 5 days over 7, Either 6:00-14:00 shift or 14:00-22:00 shift
Skills required for this apprenticeship:
– Be organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic
– Work as a team, treating others with dignity and respect
– Ability to demonstrate resilience and determination when faced with opposition
– Be prepared to receive training relevant to learning and development
– Flexible with hours of work to meet the requirements of the site
Personal qualitites required for this apprenticeship:
– Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team
– Awareness of equality and diversity
– Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work Open to change and new ideas
– Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
– Commitment to own personal professional development
– Other; Good Work Ethic, Passion and right attitude to work
Qualifications required for this apprenticeship:
GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent are preferred
Level 2 NVQ Warehousing and Storage, we won`t stop after your apprenticeship.