We are looking for a Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together parts with a great deal of precision
- Read drawings and read measurements to plan procedures
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual welding equipment.
- Repair components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Inspect welded surfaces to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
How To Apply
Please see advert for more information.