Property Plus offer this apprenticeship at the National Minimum Wage for your age group, £5.60 for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 21-24 year olds and £7.50 25 years plus.
To carry out high quality maintenance work to the Group’s properties and for external customers as appropriate.
This post does require the post-holder to carry out duties of a physical nature other than light lifting.
These could include one or more of the following: Manual work i.e., plastering, painting, bricklaying, general labouring, Working at heights, Working off site in tenant’s homes
– To carry out external and internal painting to a high standard including suitable preparation of the surfaces being painted.
Maintain, overhaul or replace component parts to windows and doors, including uPVC.
– Carry out reasonable repairs to joinery prior to painting.
– Carry out plaster patching and filling to a reasonable standard prior to painting.
– Repair or replace timber fence panels to include gates and iron works.
– Clean and clear guttering and rain water goods carrying our quality repairs if appropriate.
– Replace or re-lay PCC concrete slabs as required.
– Replace single and/or double glazing units as required.
– Use of high level cleaning system (Sky Vac).
– Cleaning of uPVC materials to a satisfactory standard.
– Clearance of gardens and communal areas.
– To collect job orders and arrange visits to keep pre-arranged appointments, as appropriate.
– To carry out jobs according to instructions and to keep materials usage to a minimum consistent with required quality standards, obtaining approval whenever any substantial variation from orders is required.
– To report to the Repairs Supervisors any additional items or defects encountered during the course of day-to-day work.
– To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with all Health and Safety at Work regulations and codes of practice, including wearing protective clothing as supplied, and to attend training as requested.
– To maintain up-to-date knowledge, with training where appropriate, of standards applicable to individual trade.
– To collect necessary goods from stock or from suppliers.
– To ensure that all tools, vehicles, equipment and plant used are kept in good, clean working order and serviced regularly.
– To keep accurate daily and weekly records of work carried out on job tickets and timesheets, in accordance with procedures.
– To work management directed overtime as required.
– To maintain a professional and cordial relationship with tenants whose homes are visited.
– To ensure that the Group’s Equality and Diversity Strategy is fully implemented at all times.
– To carry out other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary.
Skills required for this apprenticeship
– Able to work as part of a team
– Good communication skills
– Ability to understand and carry out instructions
Personal qualities required for this apprenticeship
– Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work
– Good Work Ethic, Passion and right attitude to work
Hours of work
37.5 hours, Monday – Friday
GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent is preferred
Maintenance Operations Level 2, you will be required to attend our centre in Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 7AS, on a block release basis. please consider your transport arrangements.