4x Painting & Decorating vacancies available with Novus Property Solutions, Stoke
-Carry out relevant trade duties on responsive & planned works as requested to Client Specifications and Novus standards.
-Carry out preparation and painting of internal & external woodwork, walls, doors, fencing and gates as directed.
-Work at height using ladders and scaffolding as directed and in accordance with the Company’s safe systems of work.
-Use authorised equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised
-Work as part of a team and use materials safely
-Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
-Work flexibly across the repairs and maintenance service
-Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure the effectiveness of the -repairs and maintenance service.
-Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity by taking account of the needs of colleagues and service users and by treating other people with dignity and respect.
-Demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service by being polite, showing respect for customer’s homes, maintaining expected standards of work, and tidying up at the end of a job.
-Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and wellbeing.
-Follow Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment when necessary.
-Undertake health and safety training as required.
-Raise any safety concerns with a manager or supervisor.
-Take part in the apprentice review process and complete any training required, and be capable of working independently in the final year of the apprenticeship.
-Represent the company when required at national competitions & career fairs and support CSR activities
-Undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the apprentice role, as may be reasonably required at the initial place of work or at other locations in the company
– Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
– Organisation Skills (Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
– Able to work as part of a team
– Good communication skills
– Ability to understand and carry out instructions
– Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team
– Awareness of equality and diversity
– Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work
– Open to change and new ideas
– Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
– Commitment to own personal professional development
– Other; Good Work Ethic, Passion and right attitude to work
– GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent; Preferred
*Early Morning starts may be required, local pick-ups available
Level 2 Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations